Chestnut mushrooms, shallots, salt, pepper, garlic powder, thyme, double cream, garlic, butter, olive oil, butter.
Quick and easy, season then fry up your mushrooms and shallots with the olive oil, then adding your butter and herbs.
Taste as you go, don't be afraid of adding some extra salt and thyme, along with a touch of pepper then you can add your double cream, transfer over fairly al dente pasta to your sauce, with an appropriate amount of cooking water incorporate and plate 👌
Mushroom and Prawn Aglio e Olio, recipe below!
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tinned anchovy fillets
- knob of butter
- chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan
1. Begin to cook the pasta according to package instructions aiming for al dente. Drain and crack on with the rest
2. In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic / garlic powder and the sliced mushrooms. Sauté for about 1 minute until the garlic becomes fragrant, then add a knob off butter, season as you go with salt and pepper, cook till golden and quite crisp then remove and set aside.
3. Cook the prawns in garlic, oil and parsley until done, then combine with the mushrooms, set aside for later.
4.Add olive oil to a large pan or wok, add your two anchovies fillets and incorporate with the oil for a minute, then add the sliced
Garlic, cook until golden
6. Pasta is now likely al dente and ready to be incorporated with the set aside mixture, stir well whilst adding your Parmesan, at this point you may want to add some pasta water if required.
7. Serve the Mushroom and Prawn Aglio e Olio hot, optional - garnish with grated Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.